The Office of Thesis and Dissertation Format Review, located on the first floor of Mitchell Memorial Library, reviews theses and dissertations for formatting compliance based on the standards required by Mississippi State University. Our review process begins after your committee has approved all content within your document.
We offer workshops and consultations, both face-to-face and online, to help alleviate confusion and to make this process more bearable. You can find a list of our workshops below as well as contact information. Feel free to call or email to set up a consultation or to ask questions!
We look forward to helping you in the final stages of your thesis or dissertation process!
- Standards for preparing theses and dissertations
- Survival Skills for Graduate Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MSU English Department's Writing Center (662-325-1045)
- Office of the Graduate School
- Graduate Faculty
- Office of the Registrar
Spring 2021 Deadlines
- Thursday, April 1, 2021: Initial submission deadline
Last day for initial submission of theses/dissertations to the Library for Spring graduation. Student must be enrolled and complete the entire initial submission process to qualify.
- Friday, April 23, 2021: Deadline for obtaining format approval
Last day for obtaining approval of formatting and to complete the requirements for Spring graduation.
Summer 2021 Deadlines
- Wednesday, July 7, 2021: Initial submission deadline
- Last day for initial submission of theses/dissertations to the Library for Summer graduation. Student must be enrolled and complete the entire initial submission process to qualify.
- Friday, July 30, 2021: Deadline for obtaining format approval
- Last day for obtaining approval of formatting and to complete the requirements for Summer graduation.