Librarian Role in Canvas
Add a librarian to your Canvas course using the “Librarian” role. Your librarian can help you embed research materials, provide (synchronous or asynchronous) instruction, or participate in class and/or research discussions.
The Librarian role has the following permissions:
- Announcements – view
- Course Calendar – add/edit/delete events
- Course Content – add/edit/delete
- Courses – view usage reports
- Discussions – create/moderate/post/view
- LTI – add/edit/delete
- Manage pages
- Question banks – view/link
- Rubrics – view/edit/delete
- Student Collaborations – create
- Users: view list/view login IDs/View primary email address
- Web Conferences – create
Contact a librarian in your subject area to learn more about this type of collaboration.