Learn about our journal hosting service
What We Do
Platform Selection and Maintenance
- We chose the Digital Commons platform because it delivers a familiar user experience, offers unlimited file types, provides unlimited storage space, and delivers excellent customer support for journal editors.
- Content in Digital Commons is protected by a secure infrastructure that includes multiple backups and cloud storage with Amazon Glacier.
- Digital Commons is automatically indexed in Google and Google Scholar, plus the Digital Commons network is large and institutional repositories are interconnected for better discovery.
Journal Setup and Training
- We assist journal editors working with Digital Commons for initial journal setup.
- Digital Commons provides a dedicated consultant to work with journal editors for initial setup, including designing the look of your new journal homepage.
- If your journal is being transferred to Digital Commons, they will work with you to obtain and import back issues into the new system.
- Your Digital Commons consultant will train you and your publishing staff on the new system.
- We can assist you in writing your journal policies, i.e. copyright, author’s agreement, privacy, etc.
- We will assist you in your application for the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), if desired.
- We will help you apply for an ISSN.
- We can provide contact information to get your journal indexed by reputable databases, i.e. EBSCOhost, ProQuest, Scopus, Web of Science, etc.
Termination or Transfer
- If you decide to discontinue your journal or pass publishing duties to someone at another institution, we will close out your journal's website and redirect visitors to the new site and to the back issues archived in Scholars Junction. We will also help you transfer your journal to its new home.