Learn about our journal hosting service
What We Do
Platform Selection and Maintenance
- We choose a platform that delivers the best experience and perform regular updates and maintenance on it.
- We perform regular backups and uptime monitoring.
Journal Setup and Training
- We perform initial journal setup, and create user accounts for publishing staff.
- We will do basic customization of your website's design, or work with a developer of your choice to add your custom look and feel.
- If your journal is being transferred to our hosting, we can obtain and import back issues into the new system.
- We will train you and your publishing staff on the new system.
- If you wish, we will work with ITS to get your journal a custom URL.
- We will help you optimize your journal's discoverability in search engines.
- We provide troubleshooting and basic technical support by request.
- We will help you request ISSNs and get indexed by reputable databases.
- We provide links to helpful resources about managing an open access journal at all stages of journal development.
- We will disseminate your journal's content to SHARE and other reputable aggregators as appropriate.
Termination or Transfer
- If you decide to discontinue your journal or pass publishing duties to someone at another institution, we will close out your journal's website and redirect visitors to the new site and to the back issues archived in Scholars Junction. We will also help you transfer your journal to its new home.