We are happy to make copies of unrestricted materials. Request copies using the form below, or come to the Special Collections desk.
Copies are provided at the discretion of the archivist. Some materials may not be able to be copied or scanned due to copyright restrictions or condition (tight bindings, fragile or damaged paper)
Providing copies does not convey or imply permission to publish. Permission to publish must be requested in writing. To request permission to publish, send an email to email@example.com and include the title/description of the document, the name of the source collection, the title of the publication and the expected date of publication. (“Publication” includes books, periodicals (print and digital) and non-social-media websites.)
Please consult the archivist before sharing materials to social media websites, and, if permitted, be sure to include the title of the item, name of the source collection, and the appropriate division of Special Collections, and to tag MSU Libraries in the post.
Paper copies will be mailed to patrons using First Class mail.
Digital copies will be transmitted via email or We Transfer or similar file-sharing sites (Dropbox, OneDrive, etc), depending on the number of copies requested.
Invoices are issued for all requests received by email, and for in person requests that exceed 20 pages. No requests will be fulfilled until the invoice is paid. Requests for same-day photocopies for orders of less than 20 pages will be considered on an individual basis and fulfilled when staff time permits. Generally, however, please allow at least 1-3 business days for the completion of all requests up to 100 pages, and 3-5 business days for requests in excess of 100 pages or for oversized material such as architectural drawings.
Books, manuscript material, vertical files, and photographs
- 20 cents per page for all materials
- Reference scans (lo-res, on the photocopier): 20 cents per page for all items
- Publishable scans: $5 for MSU affiliates / $10 for others, per image, for all items
- Self-taken photographs: Free
- Prints of photos: Special Collections is not able to provide prints. Please contact the MaxxSouth Digital Media Center or any other photo-printing service of your choice.
- Staff-made digital or paper copies: 35 cents per page
- Self-made paper copies: 20 cents per page
- Self-made digital copies: free
- Paper copies:
- Special Collections is not able to provide this service. Patrons should contact the MaxxSouth Digital Media Center.
- Digital copies:
- $10 per image for MSU affiliates $15 per image for others
- All copy orders completed by staff include a processing fee.
- Up to 10 pages: $2.50
- 11-100 pages: $5
- 100-200 pages: $10
- 200+ pages: $20