About Digital Collections
The Digital Preservation and Access Unit (DPAU) digitizes and promotes access to the Libraries' special collections and cultural heritage materials. We preserve and present these items in Digital Collections, Omeka, and Scholars Junction, MSU's institutional repository.
When we create master image files for preservation, we strive to adhere to national standards and best practices.
- Federal Agencies Digital Guidelines Initiative (FADGI) Technical Guidelines for Digitizing Cultural Heritage Materials (2016)
- Library of Congress Recommended Format Statements (2018-2019)
- NISO Standard ANSI/NISO Z39.87-2006 (R2017) Data Dictionary – Technical Metadata for Digital Still Images
- PREMIS (Preservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies) Data Dictionary version 3.0 (June 2015)
- WCAG 2.1 (AA level) Standards (June 2018)