Travel, Transit, and Parking
The Charles H. Templeton, Sr. Ragtime and Jazz Festival and the Gatsby Gala are held in Starkville, MS, at Mississippi State University.
Area airports include:
Stay at a historic hotel, or a beautiful bed-and-breakfast – see a list of local lodgings.
Parking and Transit
In the Fall of 2022, the University implemented new gates that prevent the public from driving down Hardy Road which is behind Mitchell Memorial Library. Parking is still available for on-campus visitors behind the Longest Health Center. We suggest one of the following options:
- Obtain a parking pass online by visiting myparking.msstate.edu.
- Use the new ParkMobile application to purchase a parking pass.
- After registering, select your parking zone and pay for parking remotely.
- Receive text message alerts or expiration reminders, or extend your parking time.
- Parking options include daily permits for zone 3045 and timed/metered areas in zones 3041, 3042, and 3043. Look for parking lots with the ParkMobile sign to determine which zone you are parking in. See the ParkMobile zone map.
- Use one of the following metered parking areas (see parking map) and walk or take SMART's MSU Central route to Mitchell Memorial Library (see a route map).
- Metered parking lot located next to the Roberts Building on East Lee Blvd.
- Parking garage at the Old Main Academic Center
- Metered parking lot at Barnes & Noble
Be sure to study our parking map to familiarize yourself with MSU campus parking before your visit.
Historic Starkville is Mississippi’s College Town! Learn about local events, parks, historical sites, sports, shopping and dining at starkville.org.